Around the SEC Podcast with Chris Lee and Blake Lovell
March 15, 2016: The Thinking Fan’s Guide to the NCAA and NIT Tournament
Here’s what you can expect from this week’s show:
- A brief wrap-up of the Southeastern Conference Tournament
- Why Vanderbilt got an NCAA bid and South Carolina did not
- Why Kentucky got a four-seed and Texas A&M, a three, despite UK’s win in the tournament title game
- Where is the future of LSU basketball heading?
- Three key factors in each of the Vanderbilt-Wichita State, Kentucky-Stony Brook and Texas A&M-Green Bay NCAA Tournament games
- Our picks on each game
- A pair of Texas A&M freshmen whom we believe don’t get enough credit for the Aggies success
- A brief look at the SEC’s four teams in the NIT
Ways you can listen (streaming media player below may not show up on certain mobile browsers):
Following Saturday night’s games, Chris Lee and Blake Lovell discuss the upcoming NCAA tournament selection show and which teams should expect to get into the field of 68.
Our hosts talk about the SEC quarterfinal round and are once again live from press row at Bridgestone Arena.
The only live from the SEC tournament podcast around! Chris and Blake discuss the second round of action, including Vandy’s crucial loss to Tennessee.
The race for an NCAA tournament bid is heating up for several SEC teams, and Chris and Blake break down which teams have a chance to make it into the Big Dance.